Stonehouse: LA Vibe With Mid-Century Feel in Imperial Point
Professionally designed and rebuilt with new addition and complete floor plan reconfiguration. This show-stopper East Fort Lauderdale 3-bedroom, 3-bath designer pool home with two suites and a new open concept split floor plan has all you’re looking for in a true turn-key home. With everything updated or new including all-new sewers under the slab throughout you gain peace of mind and big insurance discounts too. This large corner lot property offers all the best features of an East Fort Lauderdale lifestyle including being biking distance to the beach.
The newly designed floor plan allows you to enjoy continuous views of the 15 x30 pool with sun-shelf, custom pool decking and substantial back yard. With the new addition the total square footage is 2,291 Sf including the 2-car garage. With three bedrooms, three baths and two suites (Master and a Guest suite both overlooking the pool) this professionally designed home is perfect for relaxing weekends with family or entertaining out of town guests.
The beautiful new open concept kitchen sits at the heart of the home with true custom cabinetry panel-ready Fisher-Paykel and Bosch appliances wrapped in what seems like acres of Calcutta Laza Quartz. The kitchen is open to the adjoining dining and living areas for the ultimate in modern living spaces. Enjoy the wide views of the large pool and backyard area through 18-feet of impact glass sliders.
Your new private master suite overlooks the pool through a 9-foot impact slider and features an all-new walk-in closet and large new luxurious master bath. On the opposite wing of the home is the guest suite overlooking the pool as well. For the front guest bedroom we created a new hallway access to the common area bath for maximum privacy.
Complete rebuild designed by interior designer Janie Micek of Studio 818 including:
- Professionally designed, gutted to the block & rebuilt with new addition and all-new floor plan
- Everything touched in the home has been brought up to current building codes with full permits
- 3 Bedrooms and 3 all-new baths all with custom cabinetry
- Split floor plan with separate Master and Guest Suites
- 2-car garage
- Large inside laundry room
- Large open concept kitchen with bar seating is perfect for both family breakfasts & entertaining guests
- True custom cabinetry with panel-ready Fisher-Paykel and Bosch appliances
- All countertops are stunning Calcutta Laza Quartz
- High volume direct vent exhaust hidden in custom cabinetry
- All new custom impact windows and doors manufactured to exceed Miami-Dade requirements using 7/16″ laminated glass vs. standard 5/16″ impact glass. This boosts the windows wind pressure capability from the standard +65/-65 psf to an impressive +100/-150 psf.
- Newly upgraded 200-Amp electric service with new mast
- New main panel with all-new upgraded electric throughout
- 100% all new plumbing system including all-new PVC sewer lines under the slab and new water delivery lines for the entire home
- All-new HVAC ducts including new load-balanced ductwork for efficient and safe air supply for your family
- New roof hurricane strapping on the entire home to current building code
- New insulation throughout in both walls & ceilings to meet current new-build energy efficiency requirements
- New water heater
- Professionally finished smooth walls throughout
- New flooring, baseboard, trim & interior doors
- 15′ x 30′ pool with sun shelf
- Over 700 Sf. of new travertine pavers surround the pool
- New 1,100 Sf. custom paver drive & entrance
- Underground irrigation
Enjoy the security and insurance savings of a home that has been brought up to current building code for Miami-Dade hurricane protection and wind mitigation. Including newly strapped truss-to-wall connections and insulated impact garage doors. The impact glass windows and doors we use exceed Miami-Dade requirements with an impressive an impressive +100/-150 psf wind pressure capability where the average competitors windows are +80/-85 psf.
THE RESTORE 818 “DESIGNER REBUILT” DIFFERENCE
Buying a cosmetic renovation is rolling the dice on a ticking time-bomb. Think that’s hyperbole? What else but a “time-bomb” of unexpected costs would you call a 50-year old house that’s been made to “look pretty” on the surface but still has 50-year old guts?
Here are the top five hidden costs you to be aware of when buying a South Florida home built in the 70’s or earlier:
1. Cast iron sewer lines (which have a 50-60 yr. life)
2. Original electrical panel & wiring (often dated & dangerous)
3. Original or dated AC ductwork (affecting energy costs & your health)
4. Degraded original insulation (driving up your energy costs)
5. Dated or non-existent hurricane roof strapping (speaks for itself)
These five hidden but critical systems are not only potential issues for the health and safety of your family; replacing them all will cost well over $100,000. Cast iron sewer lines will run $30k to $50k alone! (When house-hunting do the math using the date a home was built and you’ll see how many ticking time bombs there really are out there.) Plus, most insurance companies are also charging you more every year because of the risks these old systems pose, so those are more hidden costs you’re probably not aware of.
With a Restore 818 Designer Rebuilt Home you can rest assured that all these systems have been updated with permits to current building codes. That’s the Restore 818 difference.
WHAT A LICENSED INTERIOR ARCHITECT & DESIGNER MEANS TO YOU
Restore 818 homes are designed by licensed Interior Architect & Designer Janie Micek, Principal and Lead Designer of Studio 818 — you are getting $41,500 in professional services included with the purchase of this home.
It’s not for everyone, but for those seeking a true designer home the value of this home is epic. If you want the real-deal in a professionally designed home you have options.
You could buy one of the supposed “renovated” or “remodeled” homes in the area. But if you’ve been looking at properties you probably already realize those homes are nothing more than half-baked surface renovations completed with Home Depot quality materials then falsely described in the MLS as “designer finishes.” To fix design faux pas and structural and MEP (mechanical, electrical & plumbing) issues covered up by the typical homeowner or flipper cosmetic renovation get ready to hire a professional Interior Designer and contractors spending a minimum of $125,000 for finishes and fixtures alone. Never mind the replacement of sewers, water supply lines, electric systems, HVAC ducts, insulation, etc. that we talked about above.
The wiser option — you can invest in a Restore 818 Designer rebuilt Home that has been professionally designed and rebuilt from its’ core.
Are Restore 818 homes priced top of the market? Yes they are, justifiably so. The rebuild process described in the section above accounts for this premium value alone. In many cases our homes are rebuilt to such a level that the only way to get better reliability and care-free living is to buy or build a brand new home from scratch. Many of of our 5-star ratings on the design powerhouse site Houzz.com are from buyers of Restore 818 Designer Rebuilt Homes.
NEIGHBORHOOD / LOCATION
This Imperial Point home is ideally located only minutes from the vibrant cafes, restaurants and beach of Lauderdale By The Sea. A quiet neighborhood provides escape from city life while still being close to the best Fort Lauderdale has to offer, with Los Olas and downtown Fort Lauderdale just 10-minute drive.
For more information call 786.217.67333 to speak with Janie or John-Paul, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the secure contact form below.