Jungle II: Double-Lot Pool Home in East Oakland Park
This professionally designed and rebuilt home has been expanded with two new additions to create an ideal floor plan. Situated on a unique double-lot (quarter acre) on a one-of-a-kind private street in East Oakland Park FL this 3-bedroom, 3-bath designer pool home is drop-dead gorgeous. The home touts two suites overlooking the band new pool with our signature open concept split floor plan. With everything updated or new including all-new sewers under the slab throughout you gain peace of mind and big insurance discounts too.
Completely redesigned and rebuilt with a new Master Suite wing and new 2-car garage. As you walk through the front door you are greeted with unobstructed views of the brand new 15 x30 pool with sun-shelf, custom pool decking and huge back yard. With the new additions the total square footage is 2,236 Sf including the new 2-car garage.
The new Master Suite wing includes a new walk-in closet, stand-out master bath and Master Bedroom overlooking the pool and backyard. The Guest Suite (which also overlooks the pool) and third bedroom and bath are on the opposite side of the home for optimal privacy. This floor plan of this professionally designed home is an ideal retreat for relaxing weekends with family or entertaining out of town guests.
The incredible new open concept kitchen is outfitted with true custom cabinetry and panel-ready high-end appliances all wrapped in stunning Calcutta Laza Quartz. The kitchen is open to the adjoining dining and living areas for the ultimate in modern living spaces. Enjoy the wide views of the large pool and backyard area from anywhere in the main area of the home through the 12-foot custom impact glass slider.
The quarter-acre double-lot has a mature landscape with dozens of specimen plants throughout the property. This is truly a private retreat walking distance to much of what East Fort Lauderdale has to offer.
Click to enlarge
Complete rebuild designed by interior designer Janie Micek of Studio 818 including:
- Professionally designed, gutted to the block & rebuilt with two new additions and all-new floor plan
- Everything touched in the home has been brought up to current building codes with full permits
- 3 Bedrooms and 3 all-new baths all with custom cabinetry
- Split floor plan with separate Master and Guest Suites
- 2-car garage
- Large open concept kitchen with bar seating is perfect for both family breakfasts & entertaining guests
- True custom cabinetry with high-end panel-ready appliances
- Natural gas cooktop
- All countertops are stunning Calcutta Laza Quartz
- High volume direct vent exhaust hidden in custom cabinetry
- Large walk-in pantry area
- All new custom impact windows and doors manufactured to exceed Miami-Dade requirements using 7/16″ laminated glass vs. standard 5/16″ impact glass. This boosts the windows wind pressure capability from the standard +65/-65 psf to an impressive +100/-150 psf.
- All new electric “from pole to plugs”
- 100% all new plumbing system including all-new PVC sewer lines under the slab and new water delivery lines for the entire home
- Complete new HVAC system including all-new ductwork for efficient and safe air supply for your family
- New roof hurricane strapping on the entire home to current building code
- New insulation throughout in both walls & ceilings to meet current new-build energy efficiency requirements
- New tankless natural gas water heater
- Professionally finished smooth walls throughout
- New flooring, baseboard, trim & interior doors
- New 15′ x 30′ pool with sun shelf
- All-new stucco on the entire home
- Over 600 Sf. of new travertine pavers surround the pool
- New custom paver drive & entrance
- Mature landscape with dozens of specimen plants throughout the property
- Underground irrigation
Enjoy the security and insurance savings of a home that has been brought up to current building code for Miami-Dade hurricane protection and wind mitigation. Including newly strapped truss-to-wall connections and insulated impact garage doors. The impact glass windows and doors we use exceed Miami-Dade requirements with an impressive an impressive +100/-150 psf wind pressure capability where the average competitors windows are +80/-85 psf.
THE RESTORE 818 “DESIGNER REBUILT” DIFFERENCE
Buying a cosmetic renovation is rolling the dice on a ticking time-bomb. Think that’s hyperbole? What else but a “time-bomb” of unexpected costs would you call a 50-year old house that’s been made to “look pretty” on the surface but still has 50-year old guts?
The top five hidden costs you must be aware of when buying a South Florida home built in the 60’s:
1. Cast iron sewer lines
2. Original electrical wiring
3. Filthy original or dated AC ductwork
4. Degraded original insulation
5. Dated or non-existent hurricane roof strapping.
These five hidden but critical systems are not only potential issues for the health and safety of your family; replacing them all will cost well over $100,000. Cast iron sewer lines (which have a 50-60 yr. life, do the math) will run $30k to $50k alone! Plus, many insurance companies are also charging you more every year because of the risks these old systems pose, so those are more hidden costs you’re probably not aware of.
With a Restore 818 Designer Rebuilt Home you can rest assured that all these systems have been updated with permits to current building codes. That’s the Restore 818 difference.
WHAT A LICENSED INTERIOR ARCHITECT & DESIGNER MEANS TO YOU
It’s not for everyone, but for those seeking a true designer home the value of this home is epic. If you want the real-deal in a professionally designed home you have options.
You could buy one of the supposed “renovated” or “remodeled” homes in the area. But if you’ve been looking at properties you probably already realize those homes are nothing more than bare-minimum surface renovations completed using Home Depot quality then loosely described in the MLS as “designer finishes.” But to fix design faux pas get ready to hire a professional Interior Designer and spend a minimum of $125,000 for finishes and fixtures alone without including the replacement of sewers, electric systems, etc. Yep that number is accurate, and actually is just a starting point for an entire home. We see it all the time with design clients of Studio 818.
The option — you can invest in a Restore 818 Designer rebuilt Home that has been professionally designed and rebuilt from its’ core. Are Restore 818 homes priced top of the market? Yes they are, justifiably so. The rebuild process described in the section above accounts for this premium value alone. In many cases our homes are rebuilt to such a level that the only way to get better reliability and care-free living is to buy or build a brand new home from scratch. Many of of our 5-star ratings on the design powerhouse site Houzz.com are from buyers of Restore 818 Designer Rebuilt Homes.
When you add the fact that Restore 818 homes are designed by a licensed Interior Architect & Designer it’s like getting $40,000+ in professional services included with your home purchase for free.
NEIGHBORHOOD / LOCATION
This East Oakland Park home is ideally located; remarkably private yet walking distance to restaurants and shopping. A quick bike ride and you are at rapidly growing Galt Ocean Mile area and the very private North Beach area of Fort Lauderdale. The extremely quiet neighborhood provides escape from city life while still being close to the best of East Fort Lauderdale living within minutes drive, including Los Olas and downtown Fort Lauderdale just 10-minute drive.
For more information call 786.217.67333 to speak with Janie or John-Paul, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the secure contact form below.