A Grand Affair in The Heart of Wilton Manors
Quietly nestled on a quiet side street with private homes directly off ‘The Drive’, few properties enjoy such a privileged position as this designer rebuilt home provides. Set against a spectacular tropical landscape and concealed behind a subtle Key West front elevation lies a sprawling oasis of calm and tranquility with over 2,500 Sf. of air conditioned living space and 3,133 Sf. total area.
Designed by Janie Micek NCIDQ, LEED AP this grand home with four bedrooms and three baths combines the soul and character of a historic home with all the modern improvements and conveniences of a new ground-up build. This home is sure to impress the most discerning buyer with all the elements for a relaxing, comfortable and modern lifestyle.
Step through the front door and you’ll discover the home radiates out from the elegant central entry foyer with 15-foot cathedral ceilings and Low-e/argon filled impact glass skylights. The core of the home is an open floor plan flowing from front to back incorporating the kitchen, living and library areas all overlooking the pool area through the 12 Ft. 4-panel Low-e impact glass sliders. The fully-integrated gourmet kitchen sitting at the heart of the home is designed for serious cooking and entertaining. The large dining room is graced with 12 Ft. cathedral ceilings and clear-story windows providing a bright voluminous gathering area for large parties.
The main area of the home opens to a large private deck overlooking the new swimming pool as the focal point for alfresco entertaining. Thoughtfully designed for South Florida living you’ll enjoy the comfort of a cool, shaded upper deck area between dips in the pool.
The master bedroom ensures a private space away from guests with 9-Ft. 3-panel Low-e impact glass sliders overlooking the pool. Complete with dual walk-in closets and a large ensuite luxury bath, the unique sense of proportion gives the master suite its five-star hotel quality. The three light-filled spacious guest bedrooms leave plenty of room for private dreaming and relaxing.
- Complete rebuild with new 2017 Certificate of Occupancy
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 All new baths
- 2-Car garage
- Grand entry foyer with 15-foot cathedral ceilings
- Chef’s kitchen with artisan crafted custom cabinetry
- Large dining rook with 12-foot cathedral ceilings
- Open concept dining, kitchen & living areas with central views of the pool and huge back yard afforded by the nearly 1/4-acre lot
- New master suite
- New large luxurious master bath
- All new low-e (high efficiency) impact windows and doors
- Complete all new sewer lines to the street and new water delivery lines for the entire home, all to current building codes for peace of mind and insurance discounts
- New roof
- New 200-amp electric “from pole to plugs”
- New two-zone HVAC system
- New smart technology water heater
- Brand new pool
- New paver pool patio
- New eco-paver drive & entrance
- Generous interior laundry room
- New flooring, baseboard, trim & interior doors
- Large attic area for storage with temperature control provided by closed cell spray foam insulation at rafters
Enjoy the security and insurance savings of a home that has been brought up to current building code for Miami-Dade hurricane protection and wind mitigation. Including newly strapped truss-to-wall connections, impact garage doors, and impact glass windows/doors that exceed Miami-Dade requirements using 7/16″ laminated glass vs. standard 5/16″ impact glass. This boosts the windows wind pressure capability from the standard +65/-65 psf to an impressive +100/-150 psf.
The closed-cell spray foam insulation used on the underside of the roof decking throughout the home is not just for outstanding energy efficiency, it acts like a glue to adhere roof decking onto the rest of the structure. in the event of a hurricane.
This stand-out fully rebuilt and modernized residence is packed with energy/cost-saving features such as:
- Low-e impact glass windows and doors
- Impact glass skylights are Low-e/argon-filled high efficiency
- Closed cell foam insulation for all roof and attic areas exceeding new building code R-value for insulation
- All new foil insulation for block walls to meet new building codes
- High efficiency water heater with smart technology
- Full underground irrigation fed by well pump
NEIGHBORHOOD / LOCATION
The property is so close to town, you won’t even need a bike — it’s an effortless walk to the cafes and restaurants of Wilton Manors! If biking is in your plans, Fort Lauderdale beach is an easy 10-minute bike ride to the Galt Ocean Mile beach area. With no public parking and limited access this beach area is one of the best kept secret beaches of Fort Lauderdale.
STATUS & COMPLETION DATE
In construction. Due for completion late July-early August 2017, speedy action is recommended for this one.
Get a sneak peek on construction progress HERE
For more information or to make this property your own personal paradise prior to the home being completed or listed on the MLS — call Janie or John-Paul 786.217.67333